:: rss feed
:: bend blogs
:: cheap domains
:: welcome to
UtterlyBoring.com is produced by Jake Ortman (e-mail, resume), a 30-something-year-old dad, percussionist, sysadmin, Web developer, IT consultant and jack-of-all-trades geek, living in Bend, Oregon. He created this so that his expensive journalism and technology degree isn't getting totally wasted. In addition to editing this site in his free time, he is the service manager at Weston Technologies. He has LinkedIn and Facebook profiles if you're trying to stalk him. He will not be posting on Twitter.
Opinions and comments on this site are the opinions of the author, not the author's employer, family, friends or pets.
This site is powered by Movable Type and is hosted by orty.com. Since December 1st, 2002, there have been 6475 entries. Visitors to this blog have posted 21269 comments.
If you're reading this, you have too much time on your hands.
Stupidly Massive Link Dump
So obviously my life is far too chaotic at the moment to post here much, but that doesn't mean I'm not collecting links to share. To keep everybody occupied for a bit, enjoy;
- 20 lines of code that will beat AB testing every time
- 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity
- 40 Of The Most Powerful Photographs Ever Taken
- A Conversation With My 12 Year Old Self 20th Anniversary Edition
- A set of top Computer Science blogs
- AeroFS - Cloud file sync without servers
- Amazon’s $23,698,655.93 book about flies
- Anno NTK from the people who gave you NTK, exactly the same thing, 15 years late.
- Aw Yeah, It's Movie Time!
- Being deaf
- Blow Job by TADAO CERN
- Buying Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Caine's Arcade
- Carmageddon Reincarnation
- CCleaner Updates with a Built-In Context Menu Cleaner
- Chosen, a Jquery plug that makes select boxes better
- Christmas Eve Is the Busiest Time of the Year to Get Busy
- Code School - Try Git
- Crazy driving in San Fran
- Creative Dad Takes Crazy Photos Of Daughters
- Engineering Infrastructures For Humans
- Find the pointer
- Force Windows 7 to Use Wired Connection over Wireless
- Foundation The Most Advanced Responsive Front-end Framework from ZURB
- Fox News guest laments ‘mistake’ of letting women vote
- Fragglehunter Urbex - UK Urbex & Aerial Photography
- Free Icons Set designed by Brankic1979
- From Saucy Pics to Passwords, How to Share Sensitive Information Over the Internet
- Getty Images - New Watermark
- Gifolas Cage
- gmaps.js — the easiest way to use Google Maps
- Gmvault gmail backup
- Going Colo
- Greetings I am so excited I found your welbog
- How I attacked myself using Google Spreadsheets and I ramped up a $1000 bandwidth bill
- How I Ruined My Career
- How much data is created everyday
- How the Professor Who Fooled Wikipedia Got Caught by Reddit
- How To Build A Real-Time Commenting System
- How we reduced our cancellation rate by 87.5%
- Hunting down my son's killer
- Hypertext Style Cool URIs don't change.
- In a Big Network of Computers, Evidence of Machine Learning
- Introducing DuckDuckHack
- It all began with a strange email
- JS Hotline (877) 300-2187
- Just My Type
- Ken Shirriff's blog Apple iPhone charger teardown
- Lessons Learned from Cracking 2 Million LinkedIn Passwords
- Let's Not Call It Computer Science If We Really Mean Computer Programming
- Long-distance running and evolution -- Why humans can outrun horses but can’t jump higher than cats.
- Lotte Time Lapse Birth to 12 years in 2 min. 45.
- Madeline dachshund puppy with Crab
- Man Upset Over Restaurant's All-You-Can-Eat Policy
- Mario Goes Berserk
- Meet The World's Most Downloaded Man, Bane Of Photographers Everywhere
- Microsoft is giving Flight Sim away for free
- Mrs. Doubtfire (Recut)
- Netflix aiming to cut costs with its own content delivery network
- Nine-year-old’s lunch blog shames school into making changes
- NTK, Fifteen Years On
- Pay attention to what Nick Denton is doing with comments
- QArt Codes
- Record-Breaking Rube Goldberg Machine Pops Balloon in 300 Steps
- Resumonk - Online Resume Builder
- RUJELUS22 Themes - Downloads
- Run Notepad as Administrator to Avoid Access is Denied
- Secrets to Lightning Fast Mobile Design
- Set Up an Automated, Bulletproof File Back Up Solution
- Sick, parts 1-17
- Stock Exchange Albums With Stock Photos
- Storing Passwords Securely
- The $4 Million Complaint Call
- The Biggest Cost of Facebook's Growth
- The frequent fliers who flew too much
- The Girl With The ANSI Tattoo
- The Great MP3 Bitrate Experiment
- The Next Microsoft
- the origin of the blink tag
- Two Excellent, Customizable Start Pages Worth Trying (Now that iGoogle's Going Away)
- Vizio reboots the PC -- a quiet American success story takes on sleeping giants
- VMware Communities -- ESXi and Cold Virtual-Machine-Backups
- What Twitter could have been by Dalton Caldwell
- What's this A beer
- Why Your Links Should Never Say “Click Here”
- WiFi Web Login
- Winamp’s woes -- how the greatest MP3 player undid itself
- xip.io wildcard DNS for everyone
- Yay. That's Why You Don't Have Any Friends.
Cut down your exam stress by using our latest actualtests ccna security dumps and high quality certkiller and pass4sure a+ certification dumps. We provide updated http://www.test-king.com with 100% pass guarantee along with selftestengine asvab.
Darknet said on 07/13/12 @ 06:17 PM:
Thanks I've been missing them.
Post a comment
What are you doing down here? Don't you have something better to do? Like Go Back To The Top of the page, or even see who created this site? This site is © 2001 - 2014 by the Utterly Boring folks at UtterlyBoring.com. Steal my content, as I probably did, too, just link to my site or the original site. Batteries not included. One size fits all. Not for off-road use. Not for internal use. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.