:: rss feed
:: bend blogs
:: cheap domains
:: welcome to
UtterlyBoring.com is produced by Jake Ortman (e-mail, resume), a 30-something-year-old dad, percussionist, sysadmin, Web developer, IT consultant and jack-of-all-trades geek, living in Bend, Oregon. He created this so that his expensive journalism and technology degree isn't getting totally wasted. In addition to editing this site in his free time, he is the communications manager at Weston Technologies. He has LinkedIn and Facebook profiles if you're trying to stalk him. He will not be posting on Twitter.
Opinions and comments on this site are the opinions of the author, not the author's employer, family, friends or pets.
This site is powered by Movable Type and is hosted by orty.com. Since December 1st, 2002, there have been 6475 entries. Visitors to this blog have posted 21276 comments.
If you're reading this, you have too much time on your hands.
- Whoops...Kazakhstan's shooting team has been left stunned after a comedy national anthem from the film Borat was played at a medal ceremony at championships in Kuwait instead of the real one.
- Block your friends' Facebook apps from accessing your private info.
- Welcome to the post-PC era.
- Need a legal document? Docracy is a social repository of contracts, legal agreements and other legal documents.
- Easily manage all your social network settings in one place.
- Somebody really knows their conspiracy theories.
- Font Awesome is an iconic font designed for use with Twitter Bootstrap.
- iPhone people have all the fun: This iPhone case combines all your credit cards into one. The Kickstarter project has long met its goal, and it's too bad that this will probably never make it to Android (too many devices in different shapes -- developing accessories for iStuff is far simpler).
- If you're transferring cPanel accounts between servers (like I was a few weeks ago), some of these command will be useful.
- How we decreased sign up confirmation email bounces by 50%. Now I just need to implement this code on some sign-up forms I deal with.
- Similarly, the Open Domain Directory idea proposed here is a good idea, as is Humans TXT.
- The movie Inception explained in a nice little web site.
- Instead of "amazing," why not say....
- Sometimes product reviews on sites are just plain worthless.
- Add a bit of water color to your Open Street Maps.
- Because I can never seem to find it via a Google search: the new Federal Student Loan Servicing page where you can log in and deal with your federal student loan account without having to remember a PIN.
- Why James Whittaker left Google.
- It was hard being a jazz performer during Nazi rule. They had pretty strict rules.
- One drug to shrink all tumors.
- Open plan offices must die.
- Post Office 2.0 Plugin for Movable Type allows you to e-mail to post to your MovableType blog.
- The regu.la blog network is a collection of simple daily information: Daily facts, quotes and numbers.
- What if modern photo editing techniques used in magazines were applied to classic artwork? It might look like this.
- Need to connect Lincoln Logs to Legos to K'Nex to Tinkertoys? Now you can.
- Interesting look at how testing and development is done on the Netflix app for Android.
- The time is...
- 10 Essential DIY Skills that Aren't as Hard as You Think.
- Bradley Manning, the U.S. serviceman who leaked info to Wikileaks, is nominated for Nobel Peace Prize.
- RT Se7en Lite allows you to easily create Windows 7 Slipstream disks, like nLite and vLite did for XP and Vista.
- After 244 Years, Encyclopaedia Britannica has stopped publishing. Wikipedia has a collection of errors in Britannica that have been corrected in Wikipedia.
- The Weinstein company is done dealing with the MPAA: Bully to be Release Unrated.
Legalzen said on 04/04/13 @ 03:36 AM:
Want to suggest Legalzen also a social repository of contracts, legal agreements and other legal documents.
Post a comment
What are you doing down here? Don't you have something better to do? Like Go Back To The Top of the page, or even see who created this site? This site is © 2001 - 2014 by the Utterly Boring folks at UtterlyBoring.com. Steal my content, as I probably did, too, just link to my site or the original site. Batteries not included. One size fits all. Not for off-road use. Not for internal use. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.