:: rss feed
:: bend blogs
:: cheap domains
:: welcome to
UtterlyBoring.com is produced by Jake Ortman (e-mail, resume), a 30-something-year-old dad, percussionist, sysadmin, Web developer, IT consultant and jack-of-all-trades geek, living in Bend, Oregon. He created this so that his expensive journalism and technology degree isn't getting totally wasted. In addition to editing this site in his free time, he is the communications manager at Weston Technologies. He has LinkedIn and Facebook profiles if you're trying to stalk him. He will not be posting on Twitter.
Opinions and comments on this site are the opinions of the author, not the author's employer, family, friends or pets.
This site is powered by Movable Type and is hosted by orty.com. Since December 1st, 2002, there have been 6474 entries. Visitors to this blog have posted 21306 comments.
If you're reading this, you have too much time on your hands.
Sorry about the lack of regular post frequency the last few weeks. My personal and professional life have been a been chaotic lately for reasons I won't go into here. That being said, I have a metric crapload of links and videos I need to share (videos will come later). Enjoy!
Videos coming later...
- Apparently there's a site where you can review and rate prostitutes. Shouting at Cows has gone through the archives and found some real gems.
- For obvious reasons, I didn't post many of these links yesterday...The Decade of 9/11: war without end.
- Ten Years On, Sick Ground Zero Workers Still Without Proper Care.
- Wasn't The PATRIOT Act Supposed To Be About Stopping Terrorism? It hasn't been used as such.
- Homeland Security: The Decade's Biggest Scam.
- On 9/11, I will....
- The True Cost of 9/11: Trillions and trillions wasted on wars, a fiscal catastrophe, a weaker America.
- Why does Fox News CEO Roger Ailes Hate America?
- Speaking of Fox News, what is it really like to work behind the scenes there? Read on.
- Why Wal-Mart's veggies are so crappy (taken from this AMA with a Wal-Mart Store Manager).
- Speaking of Wal-Mart, it's fun to play with their phone system and screw with employees.
- Great list of insightful and thought-provoking websites.
- Wall-E may be a PC, and Eve a Mac, but who really is better?
- Wikileaks posts all cables unredacted.
- Librarian: Very useful libraries manager for Windows 7.
- Why it's really nice to have a Samsung Galaxy phone: They're really hard to brick.
- Rick Perry has a BIG Porn Problem.
- Rob "CmdrTaco" Malda resigns from Slashdot.
- Get a full body workout with nothing but your body.
- Jewel Staite has a food blog that's quite entertaining: Happy Opu.
- I could watch this for days.
- From Montior to Mobile: Optimizing e-mail newsletters with CSS.
- spin.js is an easy way to create one of those loading spinners without any images.
- Requests: is HTTP library, written in Python, for humans.
- Superior alternatives to crappy Windows software (most of these alternatives I have on my system).
- The Star-Wars films are coming to Blu-Ray, and they're getting changed again.
- History's Biggest Mindf**ks.
- Why Amazon can't make a Kindle in the USA.
- A Faster Internet.
- Amazing paper sculptures.
- 10 Repair Projects you Should Never Pay For.
- Web server optimizatin at its finest: 9 million hits/day with 120 megs RAM.
- I really need to get some "Game Of Thrones", as the visual effects look stunning. Here are a couple of amazing special effects reels.
- The New Apple Advantage.
- When you're drinking, your recollection of things that happened is usually quite a ways off.
- After 17 year ban, you can finally buy Doom in Germany.
- The east-coast earth quake last month was felt on twitter before it was felt in real life, as XKCD predicted.
- How to back up printer drivers and restore them on another computer (had to use this the other day when I needed printer drivers but the site to get them was down).
- What's powering that favorite website of yours? Find out with Under The Site.
- Congress-Man: Worst. Superhero. Ever.
- Redesigning the browser window.
- Microsoft's idea of a streamlined and optimized UI for Windows Explorer is anything but.
- Great minimal business card idea (similar). Then just get it printed up on MOO MiniCards for the full minimalistic approach).
- 15 Inspiring HTML5 experiments.
- The Redditor, The Number One (and only) Unofficial Reddit Magazine.
- Edit: One more....Before/after photos of the Japan Earthquake, six months later
Video Dump from UtterlyBoring.com on 09/12/11 @ 04:09 PM:
As promised, a bunch of videos that needed to be shared. Watch them all after the jump...... (Read More)
No Comments Yet
Post a comment
What are you doing down here? Don't you have something better to do? Like Go Back To The Top of the page, or even see who created this site? This site is © 2001 - 2015 by the Utterly Boring folks at UtterlyBoring.com. Steal my content, as I probably did, too, just link to my site or the original site. Batteries not included. One size fits all. Not for off-road use. Not for internal use. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.