We Have A Functional Sewer Again
After digging things up yesterday after having issues for a while, it appears we now have everything under control again, and things are flowing fine. We dug up about an eight-foot stretch from where the sewer line comes from my house into my yard, and had to cut out and basically replace that whole stretch of pipe and hook it back into the existing line in my yard (which apparently is old asbestos cement pipe, at least in that part of the yard), install a clean out, snake the heck out of things (we finally got that root out of there), and put everything back together. Thanks to the help of the folks at Deschutes Plumbing (who unlike many of the plumbers I've dealt with lately, showed up on time and had reasonable pricing and actually tried to get at the problem instead of band-aiding it), we got things all taken care of, and things are happy in plumbing land.
And I hope to never have to deal with this mess ever again.